3.06.2011

Tour de Fairmont

       M and I set out on Friday morning for our long runs of the week.  I am so proud of her and her dedication to the training. I remember not too long ago when a 10 miler for her was daunting at best and yesterday she rattled off 11 and was making me look bad. As running goes, some days you are in a groove and it just feels easy. Some days, however, a 3 miler feels like a marathon.  I finished the 20 miles I had set to do and got to see parts of Fairmont I had not seen in probably 20 years.  Passed a lot of old friends houses, ran my old paper route, even stopped for a refill in the hospital where I was born. 
     We spent the evening replenishing our fuel stores and scarfing down Muriales with M's family.  I had to use my own gluten free pasta, but it is the sauce that makes it great anyway.
     Scooby had his usual problems with his daily duties because of the rain.  It's always tough when you are away from home and nothing smells familiar.
     Finished up my last 5 miler of the week in the rain tonight, watched WV beat Louisville, then headed out to Fairmont's best kept secret.....Valley Worlds of Fun (imagine Chuck E Cheese with bowling, rides, and laser tag).  A weekend of fun in Fairmont and back to CVille today for more rain it appears.





post 20 miles


B & P ski balling at Valley Worlds of Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment