2.28.2011

Plank Road 40

     OK, get your mind out of the gutter, we didn't hit the brewery for some 40's today.  If you live in or around Charlottesville, VA and you don't know Plank Road, you really should take a drive down there.  M had a 40 mile training ride today, so I decided to join her as today was my cross day.




We unhooked the bikes from the trainer and took to the roads.  It was an outstanding morning minus a bit of wind.  I took M's advice about my blog and made sure to take some pics.

 


Plank Road runs between Rt. 20 and Rt. 250 and is a great bike route.  It is heavily travelled with bikers so the locals have at least seen vehicles of the 2 wheel variety, which helps.  There are also a couple great places to stop along the way if you need to refuel or unload.  There is the Crossroads store where you cross Rt. 29 and then there is the infamous Batesville Store.








The ride went great and we got off the roads with about 3 minutes to spare before the huge downpours began.  I can only hope this ride does not come back to haunt me later this week with the scheduled runs.  I made sure the chocolate milk was flowing when I got back home (my recovery drink of choice).  This is the first time I have been on my bike in about 3 months (except for a few trainer sessions back in December).  I can't wait to be back riding 2-3 times per week after the marathon.



Why is it so hard to photograph yourself?


After a couple days of work at the end of the week, we head off to West Virginia for some family activity.  Will be time to break out the Fairmont 10 miler course x 2  (my hometown) on Friday for the weeks long run.    Its a bitter sweet trip back to WV for me for one reason, the food.  Fairmont does not lend itself to the gluten free lifestyle.  If you have ever been to Muriale's, Colasessano's, or Woody's (I call it the tri fecta) then you know what I mean.  I will bring my own pasta with me this time so I can at least eat Muriale's famous sauce, but Colasessano's pizza and Woody's hot dogs will be off limits for me.  It's the best I can do.

I leave tonight with one question that drives me absolutely crazy:  Why do dogs have so much trouble using the bathroom outside when it rains?   Comment if you have a solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment