3.13.2011

Big Weekend



     I thought for one of last weeks runs (Friday) I would show you part of the city I live in, Charlottesville, Virginia. This was a great day to run about 50 degrees and a little breezy. Not feeling too inspired about the pics, but here they are:

Started here at Riverview Park
River was insanely high from downpours night before

Part of trail blocked off due to high water
What you get when a roller coaster mates with a hot air balloon
i.e. The Charlottesville Ampitheater
End of Downtown Mall
One of my usual pit stops and a CVille mainstay!
Other end of Downtown Mall
Done for the day and if you do a lot of running or biking get one of these. One
of the best investments I have made.




       After the run it was off to the Christiansburg for B's Virginia Age Group Champs.  We went because my folks and sister live nearby, so free place to stay.  B did awesome and scored a AAA time in the 200 IM which was one of his goals.  We teach him to be humble, so I will boast for him.



       I feel very fortunate to be able to spend these times with my immediate family (mom,dad,sister and her family) so they can see my kids grow up and have memories to share and reflect on.
     It was also nice to see M get to run with my sister on Saturday.  I had a boring weekend with 2 short runs.  My excitement for the week to come in training may be getting on my bike to ride the Kinetic Half course with M and my peak long training run on Friday.  Thanks for reading, will touch base later in the week.
     





No comments:

Post a Comment