2.20.2011

Day with Kids

     I don't get too many solo days with my kids (without the wife), but today happened to be one of them.  Wife worked night shift and met us at church this morning.  This is very difficult in itself if you have never worked a night shift before.  After that, however, it was game over for her.  I did the unthinkable and set the kids up with a movie (the 1979 hit Herbie Goes Bananas) while I hit the road for my 8 miler.  After that it was off to the Ragged Mountain Reservoir for a hike with the kids and Scooby.  Only one problem.....



check the sign


and the look of despair

We had no idea pets would not be allowed.  Scooby was unhappy to say the least, so we ended up at PVCC in the fields letting him run free.
     This week sets up pretty well training wise except looks like rain tomorrow, so the 5 miler with Scooby in the morning could be fun.  
     Finished up the book I mentioned a couple weeks ago recently, Radical by David Platt.  What an eye opening book and I would recommend it to anyone. 





No comments:

Post a Comment