2.10.2011

End of Week 10 MT

     My biggest event for the week was my little girl turned 8.  She had lots of fun and we were glad to get to spend time together as a family on her birthday.  Spent today mainly running, but got up to a 2 hr delay for school so I was lucky I had an excuse to wait til it warmed up to start my long run for the week.  M got kids off to school and I headed off for 17 miles of running.  Here's the play-by-play

Miles 1-4 - Life as usual.  These are always my hardest miles until we cross the half mary mark.  Why, I don't know, guess I just have to adjust and get into a rhythm.  M says same thing though, so I am not all crazy.

Miles 4-8 - Business as usual.  Felt good and finished off water bottle #1 and half of my multi-fuel Perpetuum bottle (orange-vanilla).

Miles 8-13 - Was fortunate enough to have M meet me on the downtown mall to run these miles.  Felt good even though the hills felt like monsters.  I always enjoy time I can run with M and talk about whatever, it especially helps pass the time.  Around mile 12 I start to enter somewhat of a fog and head back to M's car so she can head home for he bike ride and I can finish up.  Steal some water from her, hit the goo machine and take off for the last 4 miles.

Miles 13-17 - Start off great.  Headed down 5th street towards home I am zooming from the caffeinated goo shot, maybe a little too much because as I hit mile 16 and have to head back up the snow covered trail towards home.  At this point I can tell I went too hard down 5th street and am in a total bonking fog without any more goo.  I manage to make my way back up the trail and meet up with M and Scoob who are waiting for me at front of neighborhood.

Moral of the story, do a better job pacing even when you feel good and take more goo.
M had made several great dishes yesterday while I was at work, so we had a feast then she went to ride and I drifted off into a slumber.

     Scoob is our fantastic dog that we have had for almost 6 months.  Gave him a bath today which requires a before and after to do it justice.


Fluffy and innocent


Rat dog extraordinaire

Will spend tonight and tomorrow in recovery mode then do my last 8 miler for the week before a swim meet for B and P on Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment