1.30.2011

Week 8 MT

     Finished up week 8 in the marathon trail.  The miles are starting to add up.  I am used to spreading the wealth on the workouts and my body, but this is totally different for me.  I have cut back and really only swim and bike once per week now.  This past week I was up to 37 miles for the week, however this is a rest week with only 31.  My long run for the week was a little over 15 miles (more than I have ever run at once before) and it was interesting.  Most of it was in the dark with a headlamp, but beyond mile 10, my mind was in a place I have not been before,  very foggy and somewhat trans-like.  There was a definite level of pain, but I could definitely tell the nutrition was off.  Guess I am going to have to work on that.
     Spent this past weekend at Woodberry Forest up the road in Orange and the BASS invitational for B.   He did very well and improved all his times (even scored a AA time on the backstroke).  He was a little disappointed because he was DQ'd not once but twice on the 100 and 200 IM (missed the touch coming out of breast stroke both times).  The bad part is he would have won the 100 otherwise, but no matter it was hopefully a great lesson for him.
     I added another blog to my watch list this week that is very interesting, http://jessbullard.tumblr.com/.
Admittedly I have not read the whole thing but it is the journey of a lady in town here that follows the process in a book called Clean.


Living in the gluten free world and trying to remove as many chemicals from my family's diet as I can, books like this always intrigue me.  Check it out if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment