1.01.2011

1000 straight

So it was Thursday 12/30 and not much was happening.  I had gotten up and got a 3 miler in early as one of my short runs for the week.  Let me start off by saying I am constantly amazed by my 2 children and what they accomplish.  B wanted to go to AFC (Aquatic Fitness Center at UVA) to swim because he was missing swim practice with CYAC to go to Richmond later and see my wifes family.  He must have been motivated, because we were supposed to swim a 500yd straight swim together as our main set, but he kept going and smacked down his first 1000yd straight swim in 17:10.  He was pretty excited and so proud of himself (as well he should be).  Next up for him is 1650yds (the mile).

New Years Eve was the day I had designated for my long run of the week (11 miles).  Garmin was not charged so I had to run on time.  Ended up 11.7 miles(not bad), but ran too fast 8:58 mile.  For me, my long runs should be a little above my marathon pace (10:00/mile).  Will make sure Garmin is functional next week for sure. 

I am not sure what my legs should feel like in week 4 of marathon training.  They feel a bit tired even coming off my recovery week, but mught be because I have still been doing some trainer sessions on the bike throughout the week.  We'll see how long that lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment