5.25.2011

Skyline Ride


     I have been strapped for good quality blog material lately, so you get the mundane stuff.  This is info. from a ride on Monday morning.  Was looking like a hot one around here, so I drug M up to Skyline Drive for a ride that was at least 10 degrees cooler.



     The roads and the views are spectacular.  There is something about seeing the world from a bike that is vastly different than in a car.  When I figure out why I will let you know.  Very similar in landscape to Blue Ridge Parkway except it requires a pass.  Maybe a bit less traffic.   The climbing is a bit more intense up there as far as length, but the grades are not too bad.  I still feel like it  is one of the best places to ride and avoid traffic and will undoubtedly make you a better rider.


     Did happen to snap this pic below on the way back to the car of a little friend that was ripe for a set of tire tracks.  He made it across the road unscathed after I stopped to snap a photo.  There is definitely a ton of wildlife to see up there.  If you ever venture over to DC Rainmaker's blog he often  talks about riding Skyline Drive and has seen some bears on the roads.


     I started listening to a new book a couple weeks ago called Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  It is another book similar to the likes of Radical.  These books attempt to lay out the intentions of the Gospels of the Bible as opposed to the way they see it playing out in America today.  I prefer the audiobooks (thanks mom) so I can listen on my commute to work.  Crazy Love is also another great book that really makes you think about the way you are living your life, especially if you have any desire to end up in Heaven. God gave us very specific instructions on how to live out the salvation and grace that he offers.  These 2 books have caused me to take the time to examine how I am living.  Jesus asks us to give all of ourselves to him, yet in even the best of circumstances, we try our best to only give him what we can spare.  Something is wrong with this way of thinking.  
     No races on the horizon.  With a 5 day weekend coming up, I hope for some great time with M and the kids and to enjoy this great weather.  The workouts will have to get earlier and earlier with the heat, but at least that will free up a larger hunk of the day to get some of the summer projects planned out of the way.  Later.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment