4.26.2011

Nothing Special


     Here is the Garmin details of my trail run from this morning with Scooby.  I think I have said before, but the Garmin 305 is the best piece of training technology that I have purchased.  Don't have a lot going on right now.  Was able to get to the pool this morning and get in 2100 yds and tagged along with M yesterday on her max training ride in her HIM (Half IronMan) training.  I took it easy and enjoyed my miles, she may tell you otherwise about the 60 that she did.  The heat is starting to take its toll this year which makes training that much harder.  The rides will have to get earlier especially when the kids are out of school.  Have another great set of photos from the ride.  This is undoubtedly one of my favorite routes.  I will spell out the route for the locals.  Old Lynchburg to Dudley Mountain Road, Dudley Mtn to Red Hill Road, Red Hill Road to Taylors Gap, Taylors Gap to Edge Valley (Bundoran Farm), Edge Valley to Plank, then follow Plank back over to Old Lynchburg and back home.




Dudley Mountain Road



Taylors Gap















My favorite house on Edge Valley Road (above pic is their barn)





Springtime in Virginia.  The sweet smell of manure.  Can't get any better.


     I don't think I would be human if I failed to recognize how awesome God's creation is around us when I am on these rides.  I have told M more than once that the solitude and time spent out in the middle of the country draws me closer to God.  When you see him all around its hard not to.  I feel blessed and am thankful every day that he has given me the opportunity and ability to participate in these activites.  Some days there are many answers that can be found on those lonely Virginia roads.
  
     I have been working on a couple things that I hope I can talk about soon.  I have read several articles lately about the affects of gluten/wheat on the body.  I will share the best article later, but I can't help but think that there are a large number of people out there being negatively affected by wheat/gluten that one might think.  The majority of them don't even know it.  I think the statistic I saw was 1 in 7 people are said to be gluten intolerant to some degree.  It seems like every couple weeks or so I run into someone new that has been diagnosed with Celiac or has chosen to try going gluten free due to other physical problems.  



     The badminton net is in full effect.  B put it up largely on his own the other day.  A great way to spend time with the family, as long as you can keep the dog from toppling the net.  Later

1 comment: