4.08.2011

Marathon Eve



Its been an uneventful week.  I did a few short runs earlier, but otherwise its been  rest, nutrition, and more rest.   Here are some pics from the ride M and I did the end of last week on Secretary Rd./Martin King Hwy



Virginia is a great place!




You sure don't see this every day



Country roads take me home

You see a whole different side of Virginia when you are on a bike.  There is extraordinary beauty on the backroads to anywhere.  




A nice spring day with P



Do I look happy? This is my post La Cocina snapper fish taco face (they use corn meal tortillas)

     Not being able to run or exercise much, I spend a lot of time thinking about the marathon and what that last 4.2  miles will feel like.  I find comfort in the fact that God is always with me, and I know he will never give me more than I can handle.  He suffered greatly for me, and I find strength and comfort in sacrificing my body, if only for a short time, for the glory of his name.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious, but I am looking forward to pushing my body to its limit.  
     I was laboring over the decision to take my own water/fuel bottles with me on the race.  The downside is most definitely the weight and comfort factor.  The upside is having it when I need it and not having to think about where I am on the course to get fuel (goo).  I take my own fuel with me because I want to use what I train with.  I don't want to test my already sensitive GI system on a new fuel in the middle of a marathon.  As of right now I am going to take both bottles.  1 of the bottles I take hydration whether that be water, sports drink, etc... Bottle 2 has a liquid form of fuel /protein that I use whenever I am out for more than 2 hours.   If I decide I don't want them I will ditch either of the bottles somewhere and get them later.  I have read too many times from other people in races where the race coordinators say they will have aid/fuel at certain points and they get there only to find that it is gone or not there.  This should eliminate that issue.
     We will head to packet pickup today and hopefully score a cool shirt from the race.  I am not very lucky in this respect.  Most of the races I have done recently have not been good to me in the fashion department.  Should be fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment