4.13.2011

Carters Mountain Road Ride


Took a short ride with M today on one of her longer training rides.  I had 2 days off post marathon which was much needed.   My legs felt like lead and hurt like crazy.  Yesterday was the first day they felt better so I decided to hit the pool for a short swim to activate my legs a bit.  Today was nice out and I woke up with almost no soreness, so I thought I would get the legs moving and flush out some of those toxins from the weekend.  I ended up doing the ever so scenic Carter Mountain Road/Old Lynchburg loop. 





     If you live in the area, this is one of the most scenic rides to do.  We leave from our house and  ride up the crushed gravel Monticello Trail and pop out onto Rt.53 then on to Carters Mountain Road (which is what you see above).  The road is nice and the farms are beautiful.  The monster of the road used to be the expansive Kluge Estate and Winery.  It is now owned by the one and only Donald Trump.  Maybe he can set up an extra water stop for us this summer if he isn't busy.




Look close between the trees and you may see The Donald's new shack


Here is his small grape operation


Who could forget the gate out front.  We all have one of these, right?

     
     M took off for some more mileage while I headed home on the rest of the 30 mile loop.  I got a flat tire coming up Old Lynchburg.  This seems to be a common occurrence with me lately.  I opted to CO2 it once and that was enough to get me home as long as I didn't let the wheels stop turning.  The pressure provided by the spinning wheel is enough to keep the air from leaking out very fast.  Either my tire is worn out or something keep busting my tube from the inside.  Never leave home without a new tube, a way to blow it up, and the knowledge of how to change the tire if need be.  It seems to go in spurts with me.  I may flat 2-3 times in a matter of a month and then nothing for a year.  Hopefully I have hit my quota for this year.
     On a side note, we checked out this new show tonight on TLC called Extreme Couponing, and these people are unbelievable. Talk about inspiration.  $800 dollar grocery bills for 40 bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment